Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Amazing Grace

I am so amazed by my kids. I sit and read their blogs, watch as they strive to walk down the path that God is leading them and am in awe.

They both follow, serve and share their faith in ways I could have never imagined when they were in the back seat of the car arguing over who would get to ride in the front seat after we dropped Dad off at work.

I've been asked by friends over the years how do you raise Godly children? I honestly cannot give an answer. It is by God's Amazing Grace that they turned out the way they did. We exposed them to Church, Contemporary Christian Music, but I think the thing that may have influenced them the most was we spent time talking with them. A 20 minute ride to town allows you insights without distractions because lets face it they are trapped. This was before cells phones and Ipods, so they talked sometimes to each other, sometimes to us and we listened.

Every parent prays for their child to turn out "right". Prays for their well being, self-esteem, that they make good choices and are happy in their life. I doubt that I asked for anything different than most parents, there is no magic pill, no special verse to repeat that gives you children you are proud of.

I continue to pray for their success as they serve, their happiness in the lives they have chosen to lead and thank God for his amazing grace that gave me children that despite all my faults in raising them still chose to serve Him in ways that amaze me.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh yes, there were so many benefits to having long legs, especially getting the front seat! You and Dad did a great job not just at talking with us, but also at living out an authentic faith. We saw that Jesus was real to you, so He became real to us.

    ReplyDelete